Thanks so much to Charlotte at My Little Homeschool blog for nominating my blog for the Liebster Award. Charlotte has a wonderful website and blog where she shares her homeschool journey. She writes honestly about homeschooling twin boys with special needs.
The Liebster is a friendly recognition given from one blogger to another. It is a way to share new blogs that are inspiring, helpful, enjoyable, or insightful. The Global Aussie explains more about the 2018 Leibster Award and created the images I use in this post.
I am thankful for the recognition and for being included with others who are passionate about education, learning environments, learning and teaching, and parenting. In this post I’ll answer questions posed by Charlotte at My Little Homeschool and I will also list blogs I find inspiring.
The Rules of the Leibster Award
- Acknowledge the blog that gave you the award – send them love!
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them that you dig them. ( I nominated 5 blogs.)
- Give them 10 questions to answer.
- What is your absolute favourite meal?
I really enjoy home cooked food. My favorite meal is one that reminds me of the meals I had growing up. My mom cooked simple meals every night for dinner. The meal that reminds me of home is ground beef with potatoes, rice, sweet peas with butter and avocado.
2.Who is your celebrity crush and why?
My family and I are huge Marvel movie fans. My celebrity crush is a tie between Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans because they are strong and fit. Although, Johnny Depp was my celebrity crush for most of my life. I loved him in 21 Jumpstreet!
3. Who is your favourite Spice Girl?
4. If you were a cocktail, what cocktail would you be and why?
I am a Hefeweizen beer not a cocktail.
5. Beach or mountain?
100% Mountain! I love to trail run and hike.
6. What’s your favourite social media platform and why?
I love Instagram. I am recently new to it too. I am drawn to it because of the visual images and photographs. Every account tells a story and I can learn about what other find important and are drawn to through the images they share.
7. What is something funny your kid says?
I have a 13-year-old, an 11-year-old, and a six-year-old. I love that my six-year-old still mispronounces words. He says, “aminals” and “thay-er” for there. His little kid sweetness is something I will miss as he grows up.
8. What is something weird your kid does?
After school my six-year-old walks around with a bag of pistachios and a little bowl to put the shells in. It is something I picture an older adult doing not a little kid. He loves pistachios!
9. Why do you blog?
I started blogging as a way to write about the ideas and thoughts I have about learning and teaching and about creating a learning environment in the home that encourages the kids to pursue their interests. Usually, the ideas live in my head and I had the need to write them and share them. My blog is very new and I remember how nervous and shaky I got after hitting “Post” for my first entry. Blogging is a wonderful to connect with others but it is also very exposing. I am still getting used to sharing my writing and my ideas so publicly.
10. How do you find inspiration?
I am first inspired by my children and their interests. It is fun to find resources that help them learn more about what they are interested in.
I am also inspired by educational philosophies that are learner based such as, constructivism, Reggio Emilia and Montessori.
Educators, parents, and bloggers who share their ideas, skills and passion about learning also inspire me.
11. Do you have any advice for new bloggers?
Write from the heart. The blogs I enjoy reading are those written in a style that is accessible, honest and based on personal experience. I think it is important to write consistently and to have ongoing themes in blog posts.
11 Random Facts
- I love to run. I ran the Boston Marathon in 2016.
- I am done with marathons. The desert trails are where you’ll find me now.
- I love veggies, except okra.
- My Shepherd mix is 14.5 years old and I love her dearly. She’s my constant companion.
- I am getting used to having a small (10#’s) rescue cairn terrier mix. She’s wedging her way into my heart too.
- I am an only child.
- I am afraid of earth worms.
- I wanted to be an electrical engineer since middle school. I loved working with kids more so I became a teacher.
- I still love learning about math and science.
- My favorite book is Call of the Wild by Jack London.
- I need to keep my hands busy so I sew, sketch, and make whenever I can.
My Liebster Award List
- Brillante Design
- Pepper and Pine
- Our Montessori Life
- Camp Creek Blog
- Brave Grown Home
- Gifted Enrichment
I hope you enjoy reading the blogs I listed. I think you will find them interesting, insightful and inspiring. Thanks for taking time to read my post and thanks again to Charlotte for the recognition!
Questions for the Nominated Bloggers
- What is your favorite childhood book or series?
- What was your schooling experience like?
- What do you do in your free time?
- Do you think of yourself as a creative person?
- What is your favorite place to vacation? Why?
- Where would you like to travel to if there were no time, space or money constraints?
- How do you find inspiration?
- Why did you start a blog?
- Where do you find ideas for blog posts?
- What plans or goals do you have for your blog for 2018?